“Painting is my Life”… Would really define who I am.
Surrealism is very present in Belgian culture and I have been fascinated by it since his early years… “The magical feeling of the surreal dream…”
Often compared to famous Belgian Luminaries such as Rene Magritte or Paul Delvaux, I have developed a very personal style, classical but surprising and inviting.The deep blue of my skies is a trademark really recognizable.
After many years traveling around the world and embracing different cultures, colors, mind sets, I settled on an almost deserted island in the Andaman sea for 6 years.
… And like the Paulo Coelho’s Alchemist, it takes around the globe to realize that what we are looking for, is inside us.
The steps on that path were difficult … A dangerous trip where it is easy to get lost in the darkness of the loneliness, teasing craziness
In the deep places of the mind….
It was like walking on a wire at the edge of the world.
Painting is what kept me alive, the dream, the faith, the wonder.
“Every painting leads me closer to who I really am”.
With time, while keeping a very personal Belgian touch, my paintings reflect more universal subjects, such as the value of time, its impermanence, the rising seas and changes, our place in the universe, the outer space, its wonders and secrets.
“It’s a journey … And it’s amazing !
This is where I am …”
- 10 December 2020 – 10 February 2021 Gallery 78, Bremerhaven, Germany
- January 2021 Galerie Hôte, Brussels, Belgium
- March 2021 Grammar Art School, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
- August 2021 Amsterdam International Art Fair, The Netherlands
- The Other Art Fair, Dallas, Texas, USA. – Postponed, date to be confirmed.
- Institute Camões, Maputo, Mozambique – Postponed, date to be confirmed.
- Represented on US Territory by Mahlstedt Gallery (New-York)
- Represented on International Art Fairs by ArtMagna® Federation
- Permanent artist at Velvenoir – Austria
- Permanent online exhibitor at Saatchi Gallery , London, UK
- Permanent exhibition of reproductions at Restaurant Le Troisieme Acte, Quartier Sablon, Brussels, Belgium
- “Grand Prize” at Gemlucart Exhibition, Monaco, Oct 2018
- Invited by the Diplomatic Bureau of Belgium to represent Belgian Art at King’s Birthday Celebration – Conakry, Guinea (Nov-2017)
- “Focus Prize” at Gemlucart Exhibition, Monaco, Oct 2017
- 1er Prix du Jury at 9ème Salon de Peinture RankArt – France (Feb-2017)
- “Prix du Public” Artempo Exibition-France (Feb-2017)
- “Galerie Thuillier” Prize recieved at the Arts & Lettres de France exhibition (Nov-2016)
- “Creativity Award” at the 50ème Salon d’Automne de Peinture de Muret-France (Nov 2016)
- Front Cover of ArtQuench Magazine Issue Two, Los Angeles, USA, 2015
- Honnor Guest at Les 111 des Arts 2014, Toulouse, France
- Palme d’Or at Artoulouse 2014 for Figurative Painting category – Toulouse, France
- Winner of “Five Degrees” – World art competition 2014
- Winner of “New Master Artist 2013” – world art competition
- Winner at “Temps et Mécanique” – Upside art – world art competition – Dijon, France
- Prix Cotation Drouot – 12ème Salon International des Arts Plastiques et Littéraires (2013) – Toulouse, France
- Front Cover of American Art Book : International Contemporary Artists Vol VI (2013)
- Palme d’Or at Artoulouse (2013) for Figurative Painting category – Toulouse, France
- Honnor Guest at The 6th Contemporary Art Fair of Montauban (2012) – France
- Winner of Kunzfetti Competition (2012) – MaasRijn Kunst Society – The Netherlands
- Winner of “New Master Artist 2011” – world art competition